Dr Jude Oben is the first medical doctor to sign a tribute autograph book for Nelson Mandela http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/news-and-events/2013-news/20130829-mandela-autograph-book.aspx. The book contains over 500 personally written messages. Previous signatories include three British Prime Ministers (Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron), international influencers (Kofi Annan, Barack Obama), business leaders (Richard Branson, Zac Goldsmith), celebrities (Paul McCartney, Kylie Minogue), senior journalists, and community leaders. Dr Oben was asked to contribute due to his work with the Obesity Action Campaign to raise awareness of obesity and its adverse health consequences.
We at Obesity Action Campaign! aim to save thousands of lives with our ground-breaking research and innovative initiatives. We rely on the generosity of people like you to help us continue our vital work. Please donate!
- SC ranks 14th for obesity in nation October 23, 2019
- In one BGT episode kids force-fed over four minutes of junk food adverts October 23, 2019
- Vermont's childhood obesity rate the highest in New England October 23, 2019
- Should children with type 2 diabetes be offered a gastric band? October 23, 2019
- Mexico passes reforms aimed at combatting obesity October 23, 2019